Wednesday, January 13: 2:30 – 4:00 pm
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Virtual Training Session
The Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre would like to invite you to a free community information session on the topic of SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE. Topics will include:
- Understanding Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (SHIW)
- What is consent?
- Employee rights
- Employer obligations
- Efficacy of SHIW training
- Improving SHIW training and workplace environment
- How can someone help if they witness SHIW?
- What can the person subjected to SHIW do if it happens to them?
- SHIW in a digital realm
- Options for bringing a legal claim
- Further resources
- Time for questions /discussion
PRESENTED BY ESMA HAIDER, Community Legal Worker – Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Project, Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic
To register contact: [email protected] or tel: (807) 345-7819.